Biodiesel has been the best alternative prospect for consideration in the research of optional fuels. It is a renewable source of energy, as well as a biodegradable, non-toxic, and eco-friendly fuel that delivers negligible amounts of aromatic hydrocarbons and sulfates on oxidization. The required raw materials are available for its combination which are not too expensive.
Sustainable Bio-energy has the immense ability to reduce carbon emissions from the atmosphere by simply converting from fossil-based petroleum to bio-based fuels as our primary energy source. With the help of advanced technology and approaches it has become easier to switch biomass feedstock to bio-based fuels such as biogas, crude bio-oil, bioethanol, and biodiesel.
Importance of Biodiesel Production
For a developing country like India, the current energy portfolio is influenced by fossil fuels such as oil, coal, and petroleum products. As a result of rapid consumption and limited available resources, the price of fossil fuels increases. Even, fossil fuels encourage climate change, environmental pollution, and rising global temperature.
There is an essential need to transition from conventional energy to renewable energy sources in order to achieve long-term economic growth and improve a country’s energy security. Biodiesel is a clean-burning renewable fuel that is produced by using animal fats, vegetable oils, and waste cooking oil. It can also be mixed with petroleum diesel fuel in any dimension.
Biodiesel is a popular form of energy for the replacement of fossil fuels, and considering the high demand for diesel in all areas of the economy, biodiesel has been recognized as the best substitute for diesel. This is a safe source to use and it is low poisonous compared to fossil diesel fuel. By using Biodiesel, there is no requirement for any diesel engine modification. According to, Argonne National Laboratory’s life cycle analysis, emissions from 100% biodiesel are 74% lower than those from petroleum diesel.
Biodiesel helps to reduce the number of crucial air pollutants and has minimal impact on human and environmental health. Using Biodiesel as a vehicle fuel offers substantial greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions benefits. It is pollution free, because, it is more efficient than fossil fuel burning in reducing particulate matter (PM), carbon monoxide (CO), and hydrocarbons (HC) emissions, but produces more nitrous oxide (NOx).
Biodiesel has the potential to generate 0.7%-1.0% one-time incremental growth in India’s economy, generating significant employment in rural areas, without adversely affecting other sectors.
Biodiesel Growth and Current Progress
Currently, the growing demand for biodiesel in the transportation industry as a fuel that provides higher efficiency than petroleum products or gasoline, while being a key individual for supporting the market’s growth
Currently, one of the key individuals supporting the market’s growth in India is the growing demand for biodiesel in the transportation industry as a fuel that delivers higher efficiency than petroleum products and gasoline or petroleum products while also being ecologically friendly.
Advantages of Biodiesel Production
- Biodiesel is excellent for the environment, even it helps farmers to provide clean soil, water, and air for their crops.
- Biodiesel production boosts the nation’s economy by creating jobs, generating tax revenue, and increasing our nation’s GDP.
- Most of the fossil fuels will get bone-tired and end up in smoke one day. But sources like corn, wheat, vegetables, and from wastage of cooked oil and plants are renewable and will never be exhausted.
- One of the primary benefits of using Biodiesel is energy efficiency.
- It is best proven for reducing foreign oil dependency. Also, it is beneficial for health.
- It leads positive impact on the economy of the country. Moreover, it is good at reducing greenhouse gases, sustainability, and high-quality engine performance.
- Using biodiesel as a vehicle fuel increases energy security, improves air quality and the environment, and provides safety benefits.
- Biodiesel offers exceptional performance over petrodiesel as it includes lubricity. Over time, a high level of lubricity reduces wear and tear on your engine.
The future of Biodiesel in India
India is a developing country that relies mostly on fossil fuels for energy. The government has set a target of 5% biodiesel blend by 2030. 
In this context, biodiesel manufactured from non-edible oil seeds and waste cooking oil is recommended for use as a biodiesel feedstock.
Biodiesel is certainly an important component of our future energy source and in reducing greenhouse gas emissions. More innovation is required to scale up and enhance the cost-effectiveness of biodiesel, particularly for transportation.
Reasons to Invest in a Biodiesel Production
It is time for the rest of the world to seriously examine how we energize and globalize, and move forward in a positive direction. We have to put our money where we’d like to have alternative energy, as it is the future. We’d like to choose Biodiesel.
- Investment in biodiesel is an investment in local communities and your children’s future.
- As a source of energy security and independence, the demand of biodiesel is growing because of rising costs and political unrest.
- Biodiesel is a globally produced, globally traded fuel and is an advanced biofuel with significant commercial capacity.
- Federal and international mandates create long-term policies and markets, and will only increase in time.
- Capital costs are relatively low compared to other advanced biofuel production facilities.
- Biodiesel is a fuel that can be manufactured from any type of fat, oil, or grease, and it has already an immense range of obtainable growing feedstock.
- Biodiesel creates green-collar jobs.
- Through hard work, Biodiesel has become a drop-in fuel, and every serious vehicle, pipeline, and terminal operator has invested in biodiesel production in any way possible.
Those who invest in Biodiesel plants earn a substantial income and profit, which motivates both entities toward success.
Take your next steps toward Biodiesel Production.